- Am I able to remove a Department?
- Is it possible to deactivate a Department?
- Can I make a Department inactive?
- Can I disable a Department from within our domain?
- Why am I unable to delete a Department?
- Error message "One or more order items within the department are in use" when trying to delete a Department
- Procurify web
- For steps on how to delete a Department, see How to Delete a Department.
- If you are unable to delete the Department for the below reasons, you can still make it less visible. To do this, remove all configurations connected to the Department (e.g. uncoupling it from Account Codes to remove Budgets).
- Additionally, you can then rename the department to "old <department name>" or "[deprecated] <department name>". This ensures that it is clear to other admin users that the Department is no longer in use.
- If you would like some clarification regarding the answer below, head over to the Procurify Community to learn more. We promise we don't bite!
Due to the dependencies of the components within the app, once a Department has been associated with an order or expense item, the Department cannot be deleted from the system. However, if the Department was created and had never been linked to an Order or Expense item, the Department can be deleted from within the Location settings.
This is to ensure all order data linked to that Department is kept for accurate record-keeping purposes and does not cause any issues with the Permissions set up within your domain.
See the Tips above for more information.