- Is it possible to remove, deactivate, or disable a Department from our domain?
- Can I make a Department inactive?
- Why am I unable to delete a Department?
- Error message "One or more order items within the department are in use" when trying to delete a Department
- Unable to delete a department
If you are unable to delete the Department for the listed reasons, you can still make it less visible. To do this, remove all configurations connected to the Department (e.g. uncoupling it from Account Codes to remove Budgets). Additionally, you can then rename the department to "old <department name>" or "[deprecated] <department name>". This ensures that it is clear to other admin users that the Department is no longer in use.
What is the impact of deleting a Department?
- Unassign the Home Department and Class of any users assigned to this Department.
- Removes all Account Codes assigned to this Department.
- Closes all current active Budgets assigned to this Department.
- Removes all related Catalog Permissions.
- Loses Reports Access, Procure by Department and Receive by Department mappings.
- Removes all Approval Routing Trigger Conditions related to this Department.
- For steps on how to delete a Department, see How to Delete a Department.