- What happens within Accounts Payable when I unreceive an item?
- How are deleted or adjusted receive logs reflected within Accounts Payable?
- What happens to the Unbilled PO Items when I unreceive a Purchase Order Item?
When a Purchase Order Item is received, an entry is created within Unbilled Purchase Order Items in the Accounts Payable module of Procurify. This lets your accounting team confirm that these items have been received and that they can be matched to invoices received by the Vendor. This is an important step to be aware of, as adjustments to the Receive Logs will affect what is being repaid to your Vendors.
- When an item is unreceived, or the received amount is increased or decreased, an additional entry is made within the Unbilled Items section of the AP module.
- For example, if you had received 15/15 black pens, and then you go back and delete the Receive Log, the Unbilled PO Items will show one entry for 15 pens at X cost per pen, as well as an additional entry for -15 pens at X cost per pen. These entries are important for accounting purposes as they adjust the amounts that are being committed to the account codes.