- Restrict user access to the Procurement List by Location AND by Department.
- Limit what Departments Order Items that a Purchaser has access to.
The following article outlines how to limit what Department order items a Purchaser can access. If you do not have access to this feature, contact your Customer Success Manager to discuss gaining access.
Within Settings, select Manage Users under the Setup & Manage section.
Select a User from within the list.
Select the Roles & Permissions tab.
Make sure the Purchaser has the Procure permission. If not, click on Edit Permissions at the top, and check the box to add the Procure permission. Once the permission is added, you should see the Locations and Departments button next to the Procure permission:
If the Locations have been assigned, continue to step 6. If not, select the Locations button next to the Procure permission to select the appropriate Locations. Once all of the Locations have been checked, select the blue Assign Selected Locations button.
- Next, select the Departments button.
Check the Departments you want the user to be able to create Purchase Orders for, then select the blue Assign Selected Departments button. Make sure to add at least 1 department to Procure, since by default the departments assigned will be 0. Once both Location(s) and Department(s) are selected, the Purchaser will only see Order Items from the Departments that they were assigned to.
- This feature can only be turned on by a Procurify team member. You will know this setting is not available to you if you do not see an "Assigned Departments" column next to the Assigned Locations column within a User's Roles & Permissions.
- Currently, this feature requires you to assign the appropriate Departments to each Purchaser, which means you must go into each user's Roles and Permissions to complete the setup. Until this is done for each Purchaser, they will not have access to the Purchasing List or be able to create new Purchase Orders. For this reason, we suggest having this feature enabled after informing your Purchasers of the changes.
- If you also have access to Advanced/Granular Permissions (Voyager and Enterprise packages), the Permissions import template can be used to bulk update and assign departmental access to Purchasers.