This tutorial outlines how to turn on and off Approval Delegation mode. Only users with Manage Users access under Settings will be able to delegate for an alternate user. The delegator and delegate should both have Approver roles.
How to delegate your Approvals
- Click your name at the top right corner and click Account
- Select the Approver Delegation tab
- Select Delegate
- Input Assign to, Date, and an Optional Message
- Select Submit
How to delegate an alternate users Approvals
- Go to Settings → Manage Users.
- Find select the delegator's name.
- Go to Approver Settings tab.
- Select the Delegate button.
- Toggle the switch ON to Move the users Currently Pending Approval order
- Select the user you wish to Delegate to
- Submit your changes
How to deactivate delegation mode for an alternate user
- Select Settings
- Select Manage Users
- Select the delegator (The person who is/will be away from the office)
- Select Approver Settings
- Select Cancel Delegation
- To deactivate delegation if you're the delegator select Cancel Delegation top right