- Create a new Budget for the next month, quarter, or year.
- Close current Budgets and open a new Budget period.
- Renew previously closed or expired Budgets.
- Procurify web app
- The act of renewing will close the current Budget, and a new budget period will be created. Keep in mind that this does reset the Committed Spend amount to $0 since it is a brand new Budget. If you want to continue to track the spending within the current budget period, and simply extend the budget date or allotted amounts, then follow the steps within How to Update Budgets Using the Budget Import Tool.
- Only users with access to Export Data and Import Data within the Settings will be able to perform the steps below.
- Always use a fresh import template when working on budgets.
- If at first the template does look a bit confusing, be sure to read through the instructions that precede the budget information columns.
- The date format should be YYYY-MM-DD.
- If you will be updating all Locations and/or Departments under a specific Account Code, reference the **ALL** instructions within the template as it provides further details and tips.
- If you run into any problems when completing the steps below, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team. We're here to help!
Navigate to the Settings from the left hand Navigational menu.
- First, you will have to export the current budget information. To do this, select Export Data under the Tools settings.
Select the blue Prepare CSV button beside "Budgets".
- Once the window appears, download the CSV by selecting the blue Export CSV button.
You'll see the current budget data once you open the downloaded file. Leave it open, as you will copy information from it later within the following steps.
Navigate back to Settings, and select Import Data under the Tools section.
Select the blue Import CSV button beside "Budgets".
Select the blue Download Template button.
Open the downloaded template. You will need to have both the exported data file and the template open for the next few steps.
Copy the location, department and account codes you wish to update from the exported file.
Then, paste them within the template you just downloaded under the corresponding columns.
- Once the information is within the new CSV you can choose to adjust the budget amount and dates as needed. Please note the information regarding the **ALL** option within the template.
Under the "Action on Duplicate" column, make sure to enter RENEW.
- Once you are finished, choose to save the CSV file.
Now, we're ready to import! Re-follow steps 6-7.
Select the blue Browse & Upload CSV button and select the CSV file you had just saved.
- Select the the blue Import button.