- Extend the end dates of existing Budgets.
- Mass update the allotted budget amounts within the current Budget period.
- Link Account Codes to new or existing Departments in bulk.
- Assign budgets to multiple Account Codes and Departments with a single import.
- Procurify web app
- The act of updating a Budget will allow you to change the allotted budget amount, or the dates within the budget, however it will not reset the amount of money that has already been committed to the Budget. To close the Budget period and open a new budget please see the steps within How to Renew Budgets Using the Budgets Import Tool.
- Only users with access to Export Data and Import Data within the Settings will be able to perform the steps below.
- Always use a fresh import template when working on budgets.
- If at first the template does look a bit confusing, be sure to read through the instructions that precede the budget information columns.
- The date format should be YYYY-MM-DD.
- If you will be updating all Locations and/or Departments under a specific Account Code, reference the **ALL** instructions within the template as it provides further details and tips.
- If you run into any problems when completing the steps below, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team. We're here to help!
Navigate to the Settings from the left hand Navigational menu.
- First, you will have to export the current budget information. To do this, select Export Data under the Tools settings.
Select the blue Prepare CSV button beside "Budgets".
- Once the window appears, download the CSV by selecting the blue Export CSV button.
You'll see the current budget data once you open the downloaded file. Leave it open, as you will copy information from it later within the following steps.
Navigate back to Settings, and select Import Data under the Tools section.
Select the blue Import CSV button beside "Budgets".
Select the blue Download Template button.
Open the downloaded template. You will need to have both the exported data file and the template open for the next few steps.
Copy the location, department and account codes you wish to update from the exported file.
Then, paste it in the template you just downloaded under the corresponding CSV columns.
- Once the information is within the new CSV you can choose to adjust the budget amount and dates as needed. Please note the information regarding the **ALL** option within the template.
Under the "Action on Duplicate" column, make sure to enter UPDATE.
- Once you are finished, choose to save the CSV file.
Now, we're ready to import! Re-follow steps 6-7.
Select the blue Browse & Upload CSV button and select the CSV file you had just saved.
- Select the the blue Import button.