As outlined on the Request for Quote Overview page, Request for Quote gives Purchasers the ability to communicate with multiple vendors at the same time, simplifying the bidding process while ensuring that Purchasers can get the best deal available to them.
Submitting a Request for Quote
- Navigate to Procure -> Procurement. Check the box next to each line item you'll be submitting a Request for Quote for, and click on the orange + Request Quote button.
- Remember that all Vendors may not supply all selected items. Vendors will be able to submit a quote for the items they do supply, while rejecting the ones they don't.
- In the following window, enter in additional quantities. Vendors will be able to give different quotes based off of the amount ordered. When complete, click Next to continue.
- Add Vendors by clicking on Add Participating Vendors, then select the desired Vendors and their contact information from the drop-down menus. When complete, click Next to continue.
- Vendor contact information can be updated by going to Procure -> Vendors.
- Set the urgency and bidding dates. Add any comments, and click Next to continue. Review the details before clicking on Submit. After submitting, there will be a new Quoted button next to the items that have been sent out for quote. Click on the Quoted button to View and Accept Vendor Bids.