At the end of the month when you receive your credit card statement or when you are required to do your credit/debit card reconciliation, follow the steps below:
- Go to Accounts Payable, and then to Reconciliation
- Click on the card you are interested in reconciling. Click on the Reconcile button.
- Correct the statement date and the ending balance before uploading your statement
- Click on begin matching
- Match each of the items to the statement items so that the balance matches before completing the reconciliation
- When you have completed the matching, click Submit. Make sure that the variance is 0 to be able to Submit.
- This will take you to create a bill in Accounts Payable for the whole credit card reconciliation
- You may have approvals set up, in this case, the credit card bill would be approved before moving into the ‘Approved’ section in bills
- You can then export this approved bill as a CSV