- How to assign users to SSO Okta
- Steps for connecting users to single sign on
- Enabling Okta sso
Best Practice: Read Before Enabling Single Sign-On
- Single sign-on (SSO) must be enabled for all users.
- Users can immediately access Procurify using their SSO credentials right after SSO is configured on their domain. No email setup link is required.
- Please note, these steps are based on your Single Sign-on provider and may change without notice. Always refer to your Single Sign-on provider for the latest instructions.
- After setting up SSO for your domain, you must provide access to Procurify for every user that will be using Okta to sign in.
- Sign in to your Okta domain with an administrator account and navigate to the Applications tab. Select the "Assign Applications" button.
- Select the web and mobile applications you created for Procurify from the column on the left, and select all users who will need access to Procurify from the column on the right.
- Users will need both a Procurify and Okta account with the same email address to access Procurify. For instructions on how to create a user in Procurify, click here. For instructions on how to create a user in Okta, click here.
Once users have been provided with access to Procurify, they will be able to turn on their account with the setup email sent to them when Single Sign-on was first enabled.
Still need help?
Click here for the troubleshooting page, or contact the Technical Support team by scrolling to the top of the following web page and selecting Contact Us available at the top right-hand side of the screen.