- IMPORTANT: Before you start you will first need to download the template CSV File in which you are going to be using to perform the Import. See the following article for Importing Data into Procurify. Once you have the CSV File downloaded, move on to the next part.
Using Google Sheets
- Go to Google (Google.ca, Google.com, Google.co.uk, etc.) and click Sign In on the right side of the screen.
- Once you have completed the login you will be taken back to the Google Search screen, from there click the Google Apps menu on the right of the screen and then click Sheets.
- The Google Sheets screen will open, select a Blank sheet for a new spreadsheet to appear.
- Now, just like with Excel, you can open the CSV File downloaded earlier by going to File → Open and either locating your file or, performing a Drag and Drop.
- Once the file has been opened you will see something like the following (this is an example of the Account Code Import.csv file).
- NOTE: If you are going to be importing a lot of data this is NOT the best way to do so, each line must be typed out manually and you must remember to add a comma to separate the columns. Using Excel, Google Sheets or similar is the easiest and most convenient way.
- Locate the CSV File on your computer and right-click on it.
- In the menu that appears scroll through to find Open with → Notepad.
NOTE: If you do not see Notepad within the Open with section, select Choose another app and locate Notepad.
- Notepad will open and list the headers of the CSV Template and each column will be separated with a comma as follows. * The image shows is of the Account Code Import.csv file*
- From here each line is a row and you would enter the data as follows: 1234, Meals, Expense.
- The above notes the Account Code as 1234, the Account Description as Meals, the Type as Expense and then the remainder of the fields are blank.
- Each Import has its own set of requirements so be sure to check and follow said requirements otherwise the Import may error out.
- Import Data into Procurify