- Workaround for blanket PO's
- How to create a blanket PO in Procurify
Please note that Procurify now support Blanket Purchase Orders (BPOs). The instructions in this article are an older suggested workaround prior to the release of the Blanket Purchase Order Feature.
Create the Request for Order for the blanket PO, and make the item price $1, and the quantity will reflect the actual price of the expected PO. The quantity and price are essentially reversed. For example, the assumed cost is $5000. The quantity should be 5000 and the price is $1. The rationale for this is that the Purchaser is able to update the quantity of the item, and the Receiver can simply receive 1 item once the price is finalized during the receiving stage.
There are two stages where the blanket PO can be updated by the Purchaser:
1. During the Purchasing List creation stage, click the [...] button beside the item and select Edit Item. Edit the item quantity and select Save Changes (see image below).
2. While Creating the Purchase Order, you can update the quantity, by selecting the [...] button beside the item and select Edit Item. Edit the item quantity and select Save Changes (see image below).
The item quantity must be updated during the Purchase Order creation stage, as the blanket PO will not be able to update again throughout the Procurement process.
- Blanket Purchase Order Item Overview