- Step 1 in the QuickBooks Desktop set up process
- Before you begin QBD setup
- How do I add a new Procurify user to establish a connection between Procurify and QuickBooks Desktop
The following article outlines how to create a user specifically for establishing the Procurify and QuickBooks Desktop connection. Carefully read the QuickBooks Desktop Integration Overview page before beginning the setup process.
- In Procurify, visit Settings → Manage Users
- Select + New user
- Click + Add new user. We recommend that you set First Name and Last Name to be indicative of the user being used for syncing to QuickBooks Desktop and that you use an email address to which you have access in case the password ever needs to be reset for this user.
- Assign the Role of Superuser using the dropdown menu
- Ensure to create a password for the user by clicking the link in the email invite and setting up a password from this window. Best Practice: Use a password vault to store this password and provide the password to the relevant employees.
- Do not deactivate this user. It must remain in the system as a service user.
- Ensure this user credentials are owned by the team, and not by an individual user, in case of employee turnover.
- This user should have proper integration permission in Procurify set up in Settings → Manage Users in Procurify.
Once you've completed the following steps, continue to How to setup QuickBooks Desktop Web Connector
- Do not deactivate this user. It must remain active in the system as a service user.