- Setting up the QBD integration
- How do I set up QuickBooks Desktop QWC
The following article outlines how to set up QuickBooks Desktop with the Web Connector app. Carefully read the QuickBooks Desktop Integration Overview page before beginning the setup process. Use the following article as a reference guide: Field Mapping for QuickBooks Desktop.
2. Select SETTINGS on the left-hand navigation bar → Integrations → SET UP
3. A pop-up window will appear. Here you need to find out where your QBD company file is stored, and the file path leading up to it. If you don’t know what your file path is, here is how you find out: Finding your QBD path.
4.The QuickBooks Web Connector can be downloaded here. The downloaded file is typically a zip file (it depends on what version you download). We recommend always downloading the LATEST version. IMPORTANT NOTE: The link above also serves as detailed documentation to support QuickBooks Desktop versions
5. After download, and unzipping the file, you will see a installer.exe type file, run it.
6. After installation, it is common that although the QuickBooks Web Connector is installed, it is hidden somewhere in C:\Program Files, so it is good practice to find it and make a shortcut on your Desktop. To find it easily, simply do a Cortana search of key phrase Web Connector. IMPORTANT NOTE: If it doesn’t install or open, you may not have the right permission in your Windows machine. Reach out to your IT admin ASAP!
7. Now that you have installed the QuickBooks Web Connector, it’s time to load up some configuration files so it can start talking to Procurify. To do so, you first have to download the files from the in-app QBD integrations page. See the lower right corner. Feel free to download any or all 5 available configurations. They are presented with file type .qwc, and you can save them anywhere in your Windows machine. If you already have the QuickBooks Web Connector installed, these files will by default be opened using the QWC
IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE CONTINUING WITH THE INSTALLATION
It is critical to keep track of who you are logged in as in Procurify when you download the files above. In a future step, the QuickBooks Web Connector will ask you for a password. This is referring to your Procurify user’s password (whoever you downloaded the file as). Also, going forward, all QBD requests will be routed through this 1 Procurify user. It is recommended that you set up a dedicated Procurify user only used for integration. Here are a few pointers:
- Ensure this user credentials are owned by the team, and not by an individual user, in case of employee turnover
- This user should have proper integration permission in Procurify. You can set that within Manage Users in Procurify.
To install the configuration files you’ve downloaded, there are some prerequisites, and they are
- You should have proper Windows permission, to freely install/uninstall files
- You should have Admin access to your QuickBooks company file
- There is ONLY ONE Admin account per QuickBooks company file, usually, it’s the person who created the file. If you are not sure, contact your IT admin.
After successfully adding a configuration, you should see new entries populated as such:
If any of the above steps fail, there should be an error pop-up window (view image below). Simply follow the instructions and triage the errors.
Once you've completed all the steps listed above, learn how to import Vendors and Account Codes from QuickBooks Desktop via the web connector.
- Instructions for Auto Run: https://success.procurify.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048234634-How-to-run-auto-run-with-QuickBooks-Desktop-