The following article is part of a series on connecting NetSuite to Procurify for syncing Purchase Orders and Bills and pertains specifically to syncing both Purchase Orders and Bills to NetSuite. For more information, see NetSuite Integration Workflows.
For the Bill Sync Integration, the NetSuite Procurify Bundle is used to sync Vendors, Account Codes and Payment Terms, also known as Outbound Data Flows.
Requirements for Configuring the NetSuite Integration
- The NetSuite integration allows for multiple Procurify domains to be configured. If you are using NetSuite OneWorld, only one connection per Procurify domain is permitted.
1. In NetSuite, navigate to Procurify → Configurations → Configuration
2. Check the Vendor Sync Default Value Checkbox if you want new vendor records created in NetSuite to sync by default to Procurify.
3. Click Create New Configuration.
- Depending on your Procurify Bundle version, you may see Procurify Username and Procurify Password instead of Client ID and Client Secret.
- Enter the Client ID into the Procurify Username, and Client Secret into the Procurify Password.
Note: If you receive an error message: "Connection Failed - Unable to communicate with Procurify." Please check your credentials and try again. If you still experience the same error message, you may need to Create a NetSuite API Credential again.
5. On the following configuration page, Subsidiaries, select your subsidiary/subsidiaries and select Save. The vendors and accounts in selected subsidiaries will be available to be synced to the Procurify domain selected in step 4 if the Sync to Procurify checkbox is enabled in their NetSuite record entry. This is not where you're selecting which Subsidiary would be receiving the bills sent by the Integration. This comes in at a later step.
6. In the Procurify Connections Settings page, the settings should be configured as follows:
- The IMPORT FROM field only applies to our Purchase Order Sync, it can be left blank.
- The TRANSACTION PREFIX field is only applies to our Purchase Order Sync, however it cannot be left blank to Save; enter PFY in the box or any other short string such as the CA seen below.
7. The Account Item, or if on version 2.13+ the Tax Schedule tab, applies only to our Purchase Order Sync Integration - it can be ignored for Bill Sync Integration. This tab could possibly not appear if Advanced Receiving in NetSuite is not enabled.
8. Select the Miscellaneous Costs tab. These four items only apply to the Bill Sync Sync Integration but a value must be defined for the configuration.
Best Practice: Use any Landed Cost item you might already have or create one for the purpose. The same item can be set to all four lines as it is not used for Bill Sync Integration. Click Save.
This NetSuite manual page explains how to create a Landed Cost item. For Item type, we recommend a Non-Inventory For Purchase item.
You've configured NetSuite Integration Settings! Continue the setup process by configuring Outbound Data Flows.