Global Industrial is a company that supplies industrial and commercial products to businesses and consumers in North America. The company offers a wide range of products, including material handling equipment, storage solutions, office furniture, industrial fans, HVAC equipment, electrical and lighting products, safety and security supplies, and more.
What are the Benefits?
Customer Centric Focus
Global Industrials customer-centric focus means they provide industry-leading products, knowledge and expertise, and operational excellence all designed to bring customers a differentiated and delightful experience.
- Global Brand Advantage
Global Industrials expertise in material handling and industrial products led to products that deliver high performance, industrial-level strength, and a few more bells and whistles than the competition.
- State of the Art Account Features
Once an account is created, managing multiple tasks such as ordering and inventory checks can be completed quickly and easily.
- Commitment to Security
Global Industrials website is dedicated to ensuring a secure shopping experience for each and every customer. They take every measure to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under their control, including 128-bit encryption technology and Secure Socket Layers (SSL) in all areas where your personal identity is required.
How to set up Global Industrial PunchOut with Procurify
- Contact your account manager at Global Industrial to set up a client account and curate a catalog. Please expect up to 30 days to set up the online catalog with Global Industrial.
- Once you've set up your Global Industrial account, contact your Global Industrial account manager and request these details:
- From/Sender ID/UserID (NetworkID)
- From ID Domain
- Shared Secret/Password
- Test and Production Order posting URL
- Important: Do not use the cXML PunchOut URL
- With those credentials, in Procurify, go to the Settings module from the left side menu. Click PunchOut Suppliers.
- Click Set Up under Global Industrial.
- Fill in the fields, adding in the credentials received from Global Industrial.
Important: Do not use the cXML PunchOut URL in the Purchase Order Request URL field.
- Selecting a credit card will process order items through Procurify’s Credit Card Reconciliation tool.
- Selecting other payment method will process order items through Procurify’s Accounts Payable Bill Creation module.
- Choose which requesters will have access to the PunchOut using the ‘Group access’ option.
- Choose a payment method.
- Note: by using the PunchOut connection, you will no longer have access to direct payment options through the Global Industrial platform. Please consult with your Global Industrial representative on payment options.
Using Global Industrial PunchOut: Requesting items
Note - only one PunchOut Supplier can be added to a Request For Order at a time.
- Using the Request for Order form, a requester will select the Supplier Portal button.
- With the Global Industrial PunchOut set up, and appropriate access is given to the requester, the Global Industrial PunchOut option will appear under the PunchOut Suppliers table.
- Select a shipping address.
- Click the Proceed button in the Global Industrial row.
- Add items to the Global Industrial online cart as normal. When finished, navigate to the cart and click the Submit for approval button.
- Order item details will be automatically brought back to Procurify.
- Choose an account code for each order item, or apply in bulk.
- Submit the request for approval.
- Using the credentials provided by Global Industrial, the PunchOut will be set up in the Procurify domain, and the testing will begin.
- Once the testing and orders are placed successfully, the PunchOut will go live using the Production Order posting URL.