What is an invoice? An invoice is a document that is sent to a buyer that specifies the amount and cost of services or products that have been provided by a vendor. The invoice indicates what must be paid by the buyer and according to the payment terms (for example, net 30 days) of the seller. Payment terms specify a period of time that the buyer can pay for the invoice to get a discount on the product or service.
1. Click on Bills under the Accounts Payable tab.
2. Click on +NEW BILL
3. Select the vendor, payment method, invoice number, invoice date, due date, and next approver.
3. Choose File in the Invoice Attachment box.
4. Click on Add Item
5. Click on the purchase order you'd like to add to the bill you're creating:
6. Click Add Unbilled Items:
7. Select a pre-set Tax if necessary. Tax can be set up under Settings -> Customize costs for bills.
10. Input the dollar amount.
11. Click Submit once you're ready.
12. Once it's been submitted, it will be in your Pending list.
After it's been approved, it will be in the Approved section.