Welcome, Procurify Users!
Use this guide to make sure that your budgets are ready for the new month/year. In this article, you will learn how to change your budget manually through the Manage Budgets feature in the Settings module (non-CSV version).
Setting Up Your Future Budgets:
Step 1: Go to SETTINGS → Manage Budgets
Step 2: Select the Location and Department to set a future budget for
Step 3: On the account code you want to select, click on the [...] button on the right-hand side
Step 4: You will now see an option drop-down. There are 2 ways you can go from here:
- Option 1: Select Edit Budget to extend the current budget or
- Option 2: Keep the existing end date, and select Schedule Budgets to schedule a new budget once the existing budget ends. (Scroll down to Step 5: (Option1) view in detail the steps required to set up Scheduled Budgets)
Step 5: (Option 1) If you want to extend the current budget to a later date, select Edit Budget, and set a new end date for that account code. This will allow this budget to extend and keep the spent to date amount. You can also increase or decrease the budget amount as well.
Step 5 (Option 2) If you want to keep the existing end date, and want to renew spent to date amount with a new start date, click Scheduled Budgets
- Click + New Schedule
- Add your Start Date, End Date, and Budget you want to have for that timeframe.
- You can add either monthly amount or yearly amount.
- To add more Future Budgets by clicking on + New Schedule again.
That will be it for updating your budgets! Just make sure that you apply the new budgets to all of the Account codes, Locations, and Departments that you would like to update.
- You can also have the budgets close if you feel that your domain will no longer need that account code by that end date, by simply selecting the [...] button on the right-hand side and selecting Close Budget
- To verify the changes that are made, go to SETTINGS → Manage Budgets → Click on a department. You will see the reflected change such as the budget amount and effective date. If you want to see its future budgets, click the [...] button and click Scheduled Budgets.