To cancel a P.O. that has items that have already been received, there are 3 steps that need to be completed:
- The item(s) has/have to be unreceived.
- The P.O. needs to be cancelled.
- The item(s) need/s to be rejected.
Let's begin! Please follow these steps:
1. If the P.O. is closed, you will need to reopen it by going to Procure -> Purchase Orders - > Closed. Go into the P.O. you want to cancel, and click on Reopen P.O.
2. After the P.O. has been reopened, we need to unreceive the items. To do this, go to the Receive tab and select the reopened P.O. Click on the options box and select Receive Logs.
In the new window that pops up, select the options box, and click on Remove Log Item to unreceive the item(s).
This will set the line item quantity to 0.
Note: All received items must be removed from a P.O. before it can be canceled.
3. Once all items have been unreceived, go back to the P.O. by going to Procure -> Purchase Orders and select Cancel P.O.
4. Once the P.O. is canceled, the item can be rejected in the Procure tab.
If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected]