Setting up your Procurify account for the first time?
When importing data into Procurify for the first time, the data must be imported in a particular order. Please see the sequence listed below, and ensure you follow the import file flow when importing data. If you're a returning user and your Procurify account has existing data, the import sequence would be dependent on what data you're importing. If you are unsure, contact your Customer Success Manager before importing any data.
Import File Flow
Using CSV files or import templates, the following data can be imported to Procurify:
- Locations - Branch Location must be imported first. This will help you organize the rest of your Procurify data.
- Departments - After you’ve imported Locations above, add Departments under each Location. This will structure your system and ensure that every employee only sees what they need to see.
- Users - Next, you’ll need to add everyone in your organization that will use Procurify.
- Roles - Now that you've added users to the account, each user must have a role enabled based on their organizational duties.
- User Permissions - In order to provide access and restrictions to each user, Permissions will need to be assigned to each user.
- Approver Groups - The purpose of an Approval Group is to review Requests and provide sign off on Order, Expense, and Travel Requests.
- Approvers - Once you’ve imported the Approval Groups, it’s time to import users into those groups. Ensure Approval Routing Groups are imported before importing this template.
- Shipping Addresses - If any of your locations have multiple shipping addresses you can import them here.
- Chart of Accounts (Account Codes) - Use this template to import your organization’s Chart of Accounts.
- Budgets - Import a new Budget into Procurify that will commence immediately after Import.
- Planned or Scheduled Budgets - The terms Planned and Scheduled Budgets are used interchangeably. A Scheduled Budget is set to start at a specified future date.
- Vendors - Import the details of any vendors you’re working with here.
- Product Catalog - Already have a catalog of products that you would like to use in Procurify? You're one step ahead. Import it here.
- Catalog Permissions - Will specific items only be available for requests by members of certain departments? Use this template.
- Order Requests - Eliminate adding the items one by one when submitting requests by submitting all orders in a sheet and upload it all at once in one request.