What does a Purchaser do?
A Purchaser is in charge of maintaining adequate amounts of materials for their organization. The Purchaser is actively involved in the responsibility of negotiating prices for materials and orders.
- Creating Purchase Orders
- Checking your previous purchase orders
- Email your purchase orders to your vendors
- Purchase order revision
- Optional: Additional fields for purchase orders
Let’s get started with the basics
1. Create, edit, and send your purchase orders
Once an order has been approved, the line items will be in the Procurement tab.
- Select Procure → Procurement Tab.
- Select a line item you want to create a purchase order for and the vendor will automatically populate for you.
- Select Add To List
- Select Create Purchase Order
2. Checking your previous purchase order
Check your previous Purchase Orders in the Procure Tab.
- Select Procure
- Select Purchase Orders
While you’re checking your previous purchase orders, you can also email your purchase orders to your vendors and even generate PDFs! (See #3 below.)
3. Emailing purchase orders to your vendors
- Click into the Purchase Order
- At the top right corner, there will be three options: Generate PDF, Email P.O., and Check Email Logs
4. Purchase order revision
Made a mistake on your purchase orders? No worries! Edit your purchase orders with the PO Revision function.
- Click into the Purchase Order (The PO has to be Opened)
- At the bottom left corner, under Total Cost, click on Revise P.O.
6. Additional fields for purchase orders
You can add additional fields to your purchase orders to your liking. For example, delivery time, shipping notice, or etc. This will be done in the Settings Tab.
- Go to the Settings Tab
- Under Customizations → click into Customize Purchase Order Form
- Click on +New Custom Field to add
- Enter the Label Caption and select Add
Still have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org